Monday, July 20, 2015

April 6th 2015

My two favorite holidays were this weekend; Easter and General Conference. Weren't they just wonderful? I really love hearing from the General Authorities every 6 months. I love hearing the Lords guidance and council through them. 

This week we were supposed to go with Kevin and Michelle to dinner and take a walk around the temple grounds. Michelle loves the idea of eternal marriage and through talking with them they have set that to be their goal. to one day soon get to go through the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity. We haven't been able to make the dinner work yet but next week should be better. 

Since we baptized our teaching pool last week, we are starting from the beginning. Tracting, trying to get member referrals, service, etc. It has been a rough week because we did not teach very many lessons. 

There really inst too much to talk about this week. Today i have been out in the field for 50 days and it has been 62 days since i entered the MTC. Just a couple of cool facts for y'all. 

So today as we were shopping, we walked down our favorite aisle in Walmart and almost cried! This picture will hopefully explain to you our sadness. (If you start to cry as well then i feel your pain!) Inline image 1
(This is the best Ice Cream i have ever had!) 
Moment of silence....................................................................................









(That's a tear)....................................................................................










Well i will leave you with a last thought. I Love this gospel. I am so glad that i get to help others learn of their love for it. I am so grateful for God's love for me and for working through my quiet, shy self. I was in a members home last night and had the opportunity to give lesson 1(The Restoration) (unplanned) to a non-member. For the first half of the lesson i said absolutely nothing. It was almost like i forgot how to teach the lesson (Very likely). When i finally did start talking, one of the members gasped and was really surprised that i was talking (I had hardly spoken since getting to the house)... t'was quite funny. When the topic of Christs ministry on the Earth came, I began to speak and it was like i couldn't stop. The words just filled my heart and overflowed out through my mouth to those in the room. And after i got through the Restoration portion, I became silent again. But as i testified of Christ's Atonement and everlasting love for us, for me, I could feel his love more than i could put into words. He loves me. He loves each of us. And he is desperately trying to find those who are lost. If we just open our mouths and testify of him, He will be able to find his lost sheep. 

I love you!!! Have a most wonderful week!

Love
Sister Smithson

No comments:

Post a Comment